Monday, February 2, 2015

{Greens: Take One...}


{Apologies for the low quality photo.}

I did it! I made my first greens smoothie...and LOVED it. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Here are things I discovered after my first attempt:

  • {Sweetums} Next time I'm going to add a bit more fruit, 1 cup was not enough for my taste.
  • {Energy} After a half glass I am buzzing. It has been a long time since I have felt this kind of natural energy. So for the smoothie skeptics, I promise you the energy is there!
  • {Nut Butter} For this glass I used peanut butter, but I think I added a bit too much. I am considering trying almond butter for the next attempt.
  • {Milk} All we had in our refrigerator today was skim milk, I'll be going to the store to get vanilla soy milk. I think it will help with the consistency of the smoothie.
Overall, I would say this was a positive first experience and I cannot wait to tweek the recipe to try again tomorrow!!


{First Attempt Ingredients}
Skim Milk
Kale
Strawberries
Peanut Butter (Creamy)
Vanilla
Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment