Thursday, December 11, 2014

{Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad}

With the end of my pregnancy drawing near, I've been researching and jotting down all kinds of healthy recipes to get back into a better lifestyle. The following recipe is one of my favorites and is extremely easy to make. Seriously, read the directions and then go make it!

S A L A D
{1} Cucumber
{4-5} Roma Tomatoes
{1} Large Red Bell Pepper
{1} Small Red Onion
{15 oz.} Can of Garbanzo Beans --rinsed & drained--
{Optional} Feta Cheese, Olives, Pepperoncini

D R E S S I N G
{3 tbsp} Red Wine Vinegar
{1/4 cup} Olive Oil
{2 tsp.} Oregano
{1/4 tsp.} Salt

D I R E C T I O N S

  • Dressing: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients by whisking. Set aside, refrigerate for best results.
  • Salad: Dice cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes (remove excess juice from tomatoes). In a large bowl mix vegetables, garbanzo beans, and dressing. You can eat it right away, though refrigerating for about a hour to let flavors mix tends to be the best way to eat.






No comments:

Post a Comment