Monday, December 29, 2014

Goodbye, Hello

In light of us being a few days away from a new year I find myself replaying this year in my head. There have been so many highs and lows, but either way I made it. I'm on the cusp of seeing another year go and a new one begin.

To celebrate such occasion I have decided to share the 10 best moments of 2014!

10. {Our Trips To New Orleans}
We were fortunate enough to visit twice this year and let me tell you, it is the most incredible place. Our visit in May was the first time I had ever been and I was so anxious to take in all the culture. The city is so colorful and alive with spirit, I had never been so engulfed by a place in my entire life.

9. {Lucy's First Birthday}
I am perfectly aware that it is ridiculous to be obsessively in love with a pet, but I swear to you Lucy and I were besties in another life. We had to be!! I have never, ever been a pet person. I always wanted to be but never was. Then we met Lucy. She truly did pick us. Lucy isn't just my dog; she's my cuddle buddy, my soother, my confidant, she is without a doubt my best friend. So to celebrate such an occasion for the pup I love most made my heart overflow with joy.

8. {Fourth of July Weekend}
In St. Louis there are always big summer festivities and this was it for 2014. Shawn and I were both off work so we were able to spend the entire day down in Forest Park. There were so many amazing bands, but I was thrilled to see Matt Nathanson and Gavin DeGraw. To make it even better, I was able to go back on Saturday night to see one of my favorite bands, The Fray, with my friend Jordan. So many memories were made that weekend, it was unforgettable and such an incredible experience.

7. {Finding Out I Was Pregnant}
Most people would rank this higher on their list, but to be perfectly honest...I was terrified. For as much as Shawn and I wanted this for our little family, I didn't know what to think or do. My entire life changed in one minute and seventeen seconds. After it all sank in and I came to terms with it all I became excited for our new addition. Even if I wasn't the pregnant girl who adored each freaking second of the pregnancy, I found joy in it my own way. It pushed me to discover more about myself.

6. {My Bestie Break-Up}
Most wouldn't put this on a list of great things that happened in a year and I still miss this particular friend dearly. This bestie break up brought me freedom. Freedom from my past, from mistakes that I couldn't shake, from who I used to be. I now was given the opportunity to fully embrace my new life and finally had the chance to close that particular door in my life. 

5. {Choosing A New Industry}
I spent eight years in the service industry...and I liked it! Then one day I woke up and decided I wanted a change, something different. Of course I was horrified about the change, but Shawn was my rock through the whole transition. Now I am growing and learning more than I could have ever imagined.

4. {Our Honeymoon}
In January we were blessed with a check from an old friend, and with this check we planned a very spontaneous trip to Chicago for a three day honeymoon. We quickly found a five star hotel on Hotwire, packed our bags, and left for a few days. It was our first road trip together (which was very enlightening) and once we got to the city we didn't rest for a second. It was freezing cold, but we didn't care. We saw everything we could. I wish I could relive that trip, we made amazing memories.

3. {Christmas Eve}
I love the holiday season! The fashion, shopping for others, family parties, the dinners, wrapping gifts, EVERYTHING! Since we were still in the hospital I knew this year wasn't going to be my year for all the holiday fun I normally partake in. Bless Shawn's soul, he surprised me with a tiny Christmas tree, treats, presents, and an independent film I had been dying to see. It may not have been my normal festivities, but it was perfect. My favorite Christmas Eve by far.

2. {Our First Anniversary}
Originally, we had planned a simple dinner at home cooking together. Shawn surprised me by taking me to a fantastic Greek restaurant. Just thinking about the food right now makes my mouth water. It was such a beautiful night. To make it even better, a few days prior we had gone shopping together for our anniversary gifts. We split up and had one hour to shop, it was a blast! I am one lucky lady to have such a fun husband.

1. {December 11}
The day our sweet son was brought into this world. He was six weeks early, we were nowhere close to being prepared, but I knew he was ready and I was too. Remy and I were so anxious to see each other, as soon as we arrived at the hospital I told Shawn today was the day. It was a difficult labor and painful surgery/recovery, but I would do it all over if it meant getting Remy again. My heart became whole that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment